La Reserva de Sotogrande, where not a single fox was spotted in the hunt
No one, except the old colonel, ever saw a fox on those hunts, but I discovered a land that took my breath away, La Reserva.
The concept of this Mansion is inspired from the great Mexican architects and adapted to the Southern Spanish life style. On sunny days the outside blends with the inside, the light and the shadows play like an artist canvas. The style most dramatic part of this mansion is the spacious outdoor living area with glass roof and electric sculptured lattice shutters which play with ever changing quality of light/shade from roof and front part separating the garden without taking away the sea view.
* Entering the ground floor, the massive entrance door give the sense of proportion that is kept throughout this Mansion, there is a long corridor/gallery connecting the east wing with the tremendous living area and the study to the west wing’s dining area. Sliding doors separating the dinning and the spacious kitchen with top of the line equipment and behind the kitchen the Wet Kitchen made of Stainless steel, a walk- in freezer, larder room, separate laundry room with also top of the line machinery for utilities, beside the designed guest wash room.
The main rooms, decorated with the nicest “Georgetti” furniture, and kitchen all have access to outdoor with certain areas having the Barragan specific strong colors. Bright walls accent the space on the terraces near the "Koï" pond and the sun-protected outside BBQ area which connects to a split level garden with fountain, and strong color wall surrounding, and protected to wind and total privacy, the infinity swimming pool with stunning “SICCIS” mosaic, IPE wooden terrace and Mexican style hut.
* The upper floor consists of all the 5 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms each properly designed with refreshing ideas and little surprises. The east wing reserved for The Master quarter consist of the bedroom with panoramic window to the sea, rising TV screen in front of the bed, en-suite bathroom with terrace and outside shower. The walk-in closet custom designed with wood cabinets. There are security doors and secret separation for children's safety.
* Lower floor consist on one side of housekeeping quarters with living room, kitchenette, and separate toilet, bedroom, bathroom and spacious patio, in between a 5 to 6 cars garage and hobby room and east/south side the cinema room, massage room, wine cellar, pool/bar room as well as Gym area with in/outside Jacuzzi, “Klafs” sauna Swedish and infrared. Outside quarter for top of line technical installations for heating, air-conditioning, pool and Jacuzzi.
Separate maid’s quarter bedroom, living room and kitchenette.
* Infinity fresh water Swimming pool
* Tahitian hut near the swimming pool
* All doors, levels are wide and wheelchair friendly
* Flooring finest “cumaru”wood on terraces, Italian “Travertin “for corridor and main staircase, “porphyry” for kitchen, Italian sandstones from 1m by 1m in living area, light oak parquet
* Under floor heating (except basement)
* Double glazing
* Air-conditioning, individually controlled in each room
* Work shop
* Demotic Systems and Security
* Satellite TV
* 6 car Garage
* Top of the line machinery for utilities
* Garden storage and 300m³ water reservoir
Included plot 4.146 m2 south faced with also spectacular sea views.
Excluded some antique furniture, family related objects, painting “Labisse”.
Excluded taxes on sale.